Friday night was the Christian School's annual fund raising auction. Jim and I usually go and bid on a couple of silent auction items, and then leave before the live auction because Lily has run out of steam. But this year, we had our eyes on a certain live auction item, so Jim stayed home to put the girls to bed, while I went and bid on the live auction item. Before the live auction started, I couldn't resist bidding on one silent auction item, and ended up winning two lift tickets to Mt. Spokane, as well as 30 waxes for only $45! Not bad.
The live auction item we bid on (and ended up winning) was Disneyland tickets! We're planning a trip in April to see Dave, Anna, and Madison in Long Beach, and part of our plan was to go to Disneyland one day and California Adventure on another day. We figured that if we could win the tickets for close to what we'd pay for them anyway, we could contribute to the school, while still getting our Disney tickets! So we won the auction, which also included a few extra goodies like two nights in a Red Lion and some Disney puzzles and games and such.
Saturday the weather was beautiful, so we went for a nice long walk, stopping along the way for Lily to play at the school playground. Grace had a nice nap during our walk, which was helpful. When we got home, Jim cleaned out the garage, while Lily, Grace, and I chilled in the yard. It was so nice to be outside in the sun, and even though there was still a little bit of snow on the ground, the sun was shining so that your back got all hot and prickly when you sat there for a few minutes. Just perfect!
Saturday afternoon I cooked dinner for a friend who had a baby, and when I got home from delivering it (dinner, that is, not the baby), I was checking Facebook, and my friend Kathy's status reminded me that I had somewhere to be! A group of friends get annual season tickets to the Coeur d'Alene summer theatre, and I'm joining them this year. On Saturday night, they were doing a fund raiser for the summer theatre program, and since Jen's birthday was last week, she was wanting us to all go with her to it. What the fund raiser was, was a sing-along screening of Grease! So, since I was supposed to be at Red Robin in 30 minutes, I took a quick shower and raced out the door. I hadn't seen Grease in ages, but it was so much fun to watch it and sing along with a few hundred other folks. And John Travolta's sister, Ellen Travolta, lives in Coeur d'Alene and is an actress who is usually cast in at least one of the summer theatre productions. So she was there and auctioned off a few items signed by her brother. The first production of the summer is The Wizard of Oz, and I'm pretty sure she'll be in it, so we'll have to look for John Travolta in the audience, since he typically comes to see his sister.
Anyway, it's been another fun and blessed weekend, so I'll leave you with some cute pictures of the two cutest girls in the world.
Big Sister and Little Sister
I stole this from Kathy's Facebook page. Me, Marci, Kim, Katrina, Jen, and Amelia at DQ after singing our hearts out to Grease!
1 comment:
I'm so sad that I couldn't join you girls for Jenn's Birthday night out! I know it was a blast. I miss my friends in Idaho!
Post a Comment